If you’re a small business owner, chances are you’re probably looking into opportunities for expansion. These can come in the form of opening new branches, expanding into more efficient offices, or relocating somewhere else in general. However, if you look into the many things your office move might need, you might notice that there’s a lot more to do than you’ve anticipated. Aside from just packing, transporting, and unpacking your things, you also need to consider various requirements and documents – all of this, on top of your existing operations!
Sadly, looking at all these things now might make your move seem impractical. After all, if you start focusing on your move, you might neglect other aspects of your business right? However, as it turns out, this shouldn’t necessarily be the case. In fact, with the right approach, you can get your corporate move happening in the most efficient and practical way possible. Here are some tips:
- Assess and submit your various requirements as soon as possible. Once you have decided on your corporate move, you might want to assess and submit your documents as soon as possible. These include things such as permits and building requirements that you might need to secure as soon as possible. Moreover, you’d also need insurance documents and certification for professionals such as moving companies. That way, as soon as your requirements are set, you won’t have a lot of setbacks that could interrupt you by the time you proceed with the other larger aspects of your move.
- Manage your inventory needs as soon as possible. Another thing you need to be aware of when you decide your move is to manage your store inventory. This doesn’t just mean counting the equipment and office supplies you have, but also determining their overall status and other relevant notes. In a spreadsheet, you can declare just how many of an item you have, and even if you need to repair, restock, or replace them. That way, you can determine which items you can keep, sell, or also throw away. This is important especially if you’re selling items, and can very well help you ensure that moving companies have the most accurate estimates with regards to their services. Knowing the full extent of your inventory beforehand is also a great way to ensure that the aforementioned services can provide things such as storage services properly.
- Assemble a skeleton crew to help manage operations and streamline schedules. It’s important for your company to assemble a skeleton crew to be able to ensure that operational needs – such as sales and manning the business – still becomes possible while you and other staff handle the moving process. That way, you’ll be able to ensure that your business keeps running while you still handle your moving needs. A great way to do this is to let your staff know which of them will become part of this toned-down team even before the heavier parts of the move so that they can prepare their respective schedules as well.
- Incorporate marketing into your office move. Instead of just surprising your customers that you’ve changed locations, you might want to try incorporating a unique marketing element to your move in order to increase hype. For instance, you can start by engaging with customers and notifying them of possible promos and discounts they can avail if they shop in your store before and after the move has happened. This can help you maintain a loyal customer base and still accommodate marketing for new customers that may find your services appealing down the line. One interesting way you could incorporate marketing into your office move is to slowly build hype through various posts and social media campaigns. That way, your customers will be able to identify immediately that your company is moving elsewhere, and that they’ll be prepared to travel or do business with you there. This is also a great way to jumpstart your fanbase and customer base there.
- Hire professionals to help you with your moving needs. If you’re having trouble streamlining your schedule with your moving timeline, you might want to hire teams of professionals such as commercial office movers. With their skillset, training, manpower and expertise, professionals like them will be able to help you manage very specific moving needs. In fact, these professionals will be able to assist you with specialized needs such as transportation concerns, storage needs, and even other specific moving requests.
Corporate Moves: Make It Work For Your Small Business
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that you can actually pull off your small business move while still keeping your operational needs in check. Thanks to the right approach and the right planning, you’ll be able to maximize your team’s current skill set and work your way towards not just acquiring or expanding into better offices but also tap into a move’s inherent opportunities to expand marketing and sales opportunities.